Thursday, February 3, 2011

150 COMPLETES 3rd BATCH ALPHA CAMPUS


Mr. Jufel Gutang
Campus Director

Cugman National High School located at one of the marginalized areas of Cagayan de Oro, with the support  from its school principal, Ms. Severina J. Dela Calzada and the faculty & staff has run the  Campus Alpha for the third batch this year.

This specialty Alpha Course for students personally introduce students to Jesus and teaching them to pray. This will help them sustain and build a lasting relationship with Jesus.

After  the completion of this course,  the students continue their small grouping and run this like a BEC type weekly meetings together with their school mates coming from the different denominations.  The follow up teachings are on prayers, bible study, personal relationship, and evangelization. It was noted that most of the Catholics goes back to  attend the Eucharistic Celebration and involve in Church activities at their parish at San Vicente Ferrer. 
“Because of the need of the  students, I am looking for a value sustaining program for  them. Besides the academics, I feel as principal, to do something about their character which is currently influenced by the environment of the area.“ For several times in the past the principal reiterated this wish. Now a reality!

 A very timely since Mr. Jufel Gutang, one of his faculties, together with his wife, Elaine, are Alpha Youth volunteers of  the Archdiocese of Cagayan de Oro and both were trained from Alpha training at Singapore. They are from the Immaculate Conception Parish of Aluba Subd., this City.   Jufel remembered his difficulties  the first time he introduced the course, “obviously, it’s not easy to invite and motivate students to attend such spiritual sessions.”

This is made possible by His grace! Once a week after Wednesday class, an Alpha session is conducted for 2 hrs. This includes a  30 minutes input; 30 minutes  animation and learning songs; and the  big chunk of the time is devoted for small group discussion of  which they enjoyed most.

The graduates shared this at their completion last November, 2010 :

“Sudden change I felt when I was prayed over and I become renewed and
I’m not even aware that I was slain in the Spirit. After that experience God is so alive in my life and have a great feeling of lightness and peace inside me.”  Christony Herrera

“I felt I was forgiven by God after asking forgiveness from Him during the prayed over session and it was in that very moment that I felt I was hugged by Jesus and didn’t even know I was slain in the Spirit. It was indescribable feeling!   After that, I sensed peace within me now. Thank you Lord.”    Desiree Love 

“I was attacked with my rheumatic heart but this didn’t hinder me from serving the Lord. During the e praying over session  I also asked the Lord for His gift of healing and I’m conscious and felt that I am healed. Thank you Jesus for being so alive to us.” Daphne, Batch 2009 (Servant)
 
“Assisting in the praying over seems to be so hard for me but happy that I am also used by God thru the power of the Holy Spirit as a channel. It is really true that the Holy Spirit is active, so alive and dynamic by seeing a lot of the guests slain in the spirit. What anawesome God we have.”    Joland Osorio, Batch 2009 (Servant)

After the 3rd batche, this becomes a program which Jufel now heads. He  humbly said, “personally, I grow inwardly as I witness  students  united despite   their differences in beliefs;  become close friends and  transformed;  honesty and peer support are evident in the class room; and peace is felt in the neighbourhood where they live. I thank the Archdiocesan Alpha in a Catholic Context team with their unending support”.   
 
At right, training of student facilitators and left,  participants of the 3rd batch Campus Alpha


No comments:

Post a Comment